Here, to remind you, is the picture of the finished pumpkin I made for PaperArtsy last month
I used Emma Godfrey's Halloween set of stamps EEG11
So lets get started....
First I coated the pumpkin in a base layer of white gesso to give me a nice even base.
Of course, I used PaperArtsy Fresco Paints for my pumpkin because you get a really nice finish, they cover, layer and pour beautifully and they dry nice and quickly. The colours I've used are, unsurprisingly, Pumpkin Soup (go figure!?), Tango, Tinned Peas and Green Olives.
When the gesso was dry I painted the whole pumpkin with a layer of Pumpkin Soup Fresco Paint.
While that was drying I stamped rows of words onto strips of tissue paper before glueing them to the pumpkin (apologies as I forgot to photograph this step because I'm a numpty).
I stuck the tissue strips onto the pumpkin segments using mod podge to glue and seal them (you could use glue and seal, gel medium or PVA glue).
When the tissue was dry I painted a layer of Tango Fresco Paint over the top, making sure to blend in around the edges of the tissue paper. I used a baby wipe to wipe back some of the paint over the wording.
Now for the really fun bit
I took the greens - lightest first - and carefully poured them from the top of the pumpkin near the stalk so that they ran down between each segment. Before the light green was dry I dripped some dark green over the top to give a nice contrast and then left it to dry.
Next, I stamped words from the stamp set and stamped randomly over the leaves and the quilling strips. I wrapped each quilling strip tightly around a screwdriver to get the curls.
I arranged the leaves and swirls so they tumbled across the top of the pumpkin
Last but not least I stamped and embossed the spiders and spider webs before fussy cutting and adding to the top of the pumpkin.
And there you have it. Job Done....
You can see I picked out a couple of the words on this one in black (just to see what it would look like if I'm honest). I think these would look great in a group. This one has turned out bigger than the first one because I was in a bit of a rush and didn't wait for the balloon to shrink down quite as much. I think they look much more convincing in different shapes and sizes though so I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about size etc.
OF COURSE you can pimp up your pumpkin any way you like but I hope this has given you some ideas. All the stamps and paints I used can be ordered from PaperArtsy or bought at your nearest PaperArtsy Stockist.