Tuesday 15 April 2014

VARIATION ON A THEME

I know you'll be surprised to hear that not EVERYBODY wants chocolate at Easter (Wierd huh ;oD) so here's a little gift I pimped up slightly for my lovely pal and her hubby instead of the traditional chocolate themed items.


Lovely M&S (all hail M&S!!!) have had the foresight to produce these gorgeous little ceramic paint pots containing the wherewithall for growing Sunflowers. Well, I had to have one quite frankly. It had a fairly boring label (sorry M&S) so I covered it with some scrummy paper, stamped out the only Easter Sentiment I've got (thanks Kathy), and I think it looks just fine. I've spent about an hour adding ribbons and bows and all manner of things only to remove it all again. I think simple is the key here and I'm happy with it just as it is.


All that remained was to make a card and I just can't get enough of this Sunflower image at the moment. Once again, out came the Copics and Prisma's but this time I thought I'd switch it up a bit so I fussy cut the image and mounted it on foam pads. I used soft creams and yellows for the colour scheme and I think it works.


Right, I promise to put that particular image away for a while now but it was just SO RIGHT for this particular project :oD. Thanks for stopping by.

Lx

5 comments:

  1. WOWser, your card and pimped up gift both look fantabulous but I'm still reeling from the shock that you have friends who (GULP!) DON'T like chocolate!!!! It's obvious that the gift is not for me then!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. wot no chocolate?!?! - fab idea and love that image! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. awh, love this stamp, I have it myself, but it's never seen ink!! You may have inspired me to dig out those mice! This is truly adorable darlin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant project. Who is the lucky recipient of the daffs? I love that image and can see why it HAD to be used again. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card and gift Lauren, I love your gingham papers, they are perfect with that adorable House-Mouse image - it's one of my favourites as well.
    Pop over to my blog, there is a little surprise for you!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.