Monday 14 April 2014

HMFMC167 - FLOWERS AND FLOURISHES

Another great challenge over at HMFMC and I just HAD to use this image as we've been planting out our Sunflower seeds and they're one of my favourite flowers.

I used a mixture of Copics and Prisma Pencils to colour my image and I knew I wanted to use black so I tried to keep the colouring quite strong


Then I made a tag, being careful to put in some flourishes. I swiped the whole lot with a white ink pad to give a subtle chalk board effect


I added a little sunflower, mainly because I couldn't resist the scrummy dazzler thing that looks like a boiled sweet and is perfect for the centre of the flower


I wanted to make a box and a tag this week to give with an easter gift to my hubby. I kept the box quite plain because the tag is, admittedly, a little ooh la la for a man. I used a very simple matchbox design, so a box with a sleeve around it, then added a tassel as a kind of drawer pull. I'm pleased with how it turned out. I found some heavy 300gsm card so the box has a nice weight



Job done I think so I'm off into the garden to enjoy the sunshine. Have a great day whatever you're doing.

Lx

15 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Lauren, I love this image - I think it is possibly my favourite House-Mouse image and you have coloured it beautifully. Your sunflower is gorgeous, the perfect embellishment along with your wonderful swirls. This is a fabulous gift for your husband, you don't need to put anything inside the box!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB-u-LOUS tag and gift box - it's BOUND to be well received, Lauren

    Love the new watering can pic too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is fabby! great colouring and I love the chalk effect too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness it's absolutely gorgeous and striking. Your hubby will love this. Wonderful use of dies and great take on the challenge theme. Thanks so much for playing along with us at HMFMC. Good luck and plz join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is outstanding!!!!! I really love to color up this image and you've done it so nicely. I adore everything about this precious gift for your hubby and I'm sure he will also. Thanks you for playing along with us here at House Mouse & Friends. Can't wait to see what you come up with for next week's challenge. I love to view your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag is stunning. Your hubby is going to love it and I think it is absolutely fitting for a man. Sweet mice in the sunflower is a favorite, and you colored it up beautifully.
    Thanks for joining us for the house mouse and friends monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a FAbulous creation this is! A cutie of an image and such lovely colours..
    We've had Sunshine today..Perfect for being outside...Thank you sooo much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends.
    GDT Chrissyxx
    Bet you've got help in the garden too lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - You are not wrong Chrissy; I do get LOTS of help. Most of my time is spent trying to fend off the "help" in fact ;oD Lx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful card!

    You could always pop over and join in with our challenge we would love to see you there
    http://gruffiesandguests.blogspot.co.uk
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. scrumpdidiliumptious!! ;0) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Stunning project. Beautiful image and professionally finished. Hope you get to enjoy the sunflowers you planted later in the year too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining in with my theme at House Mouse & Friends with this wonderful creation! A beautifully coloured adorable HM image and I love the flourishes too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just darling...love all the pretties around the image! Congrats on your win!!! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful tag and gift box! So well done!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.