Sunday 22 February 2015

The Journal Journey Continues with Drips and Drops

In for a penny in for a pound... I've dipped my toe into the journalling pool and I really enjoyed it so this week I decided to throw caution to the wind and just dive on in. The February challenge at Country View Crafts caught my eye and seemed a good place to start. The theme is Drips and Drops so I set to with some oil pastels and alcohol inks to create this


Unfortunately the Liquitex doesn't make photographing the page too easy so I took another picture with my journal standing up to see if it was any better


I laid down the background with oil pastels and then dripped some alcohol inks down the page to look like trees. I wanted to use my Tim Holtz clock face again. I really like it so I die cut it in white and went over the whole lot with Mod Podge to stick and seal it all.

Next I did my stamping. It was all done with archival ink. My spectre is from a set by Andy Skinner. I just faded out the heart in the middle. The birds are a Tim Holtz stamp I'm sure everybody is familiar with and the flowers are, I think, from an Inkadinkadoo set I've had for ages.

Back to my trusty labelling machine for the words. I coated the whole page in Liquitex Pearlescent Medium to give it an ethereal quality, added pewter crackle paint at the corners of the pages and dropped white and silver acrylic paint onto the page to make spectral orbs...


Lx

9 comments:

  1. FABEROONY! - loving the crackled corner - you really have freed your inner journaller, haven't you?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lauren,
    I am so pleased you joined us this month at CVC, Dripping and dropping is so much fun as it forces you to free yourself up creatively....You have constructed a fabulous page with your media, and yes it does have an ethereal quality.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous make, love what you did here! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at country view crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great effects. Looks lots of fun to make too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, looks like you did more than dipped your toe in.........gorgeous! Haven't been tempted yet, even though our local stamp store is offering lots of classes on mixed media and I have seen them getting inky when I was in. Love what you did here, Lauren.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous Lauren and it certainly looks like you enjoying your journey into the journalling world. You have created a wonderful look to the page with the inks
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is stunning Lauren, it looks like you have been creating journal pages for ages - you must be so pleased with this. Lovely colours and just the right amount of detail - brilliant.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.