Here are a couple more pics of my samples for Clare AND the all important You Tube Link is here
I chose to treat this image very simply as the face is so pretty it really doesn't need a whole lot else. I used my copics, stamping and colouring straight onto the tag. I kept the background very simple, using one of the translucent Fresco paints in Limelight and used the sentiment to take the eye up the tag. I love the way the natural lines on the tag show through the paint.
Okay, so you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realise I like making cards. As soon as I saw this particular image I knew I wanted to put it in a film strip so I made this good luck card using the Dream sentiment from the set and a few very simple die cuts. all I needed to add was some stitched around the edge and it was job done. That's what I love about these faces. They can be whatever you want them to be, depending on how you decide to treat them and let's be honest, we all want value for money from our stash.
I coloured this girl with my Copics and added a few details with Prisma Pencils
I brayered the background using Fresco paints in Orchid and Mermaid. The white lines were added using my stamp block and some good old fashioned gesso. I used the circles in the stamp sets to make the flower centres. The half daisies were made using the smaller slightly flat circles and I used the double arrows in the bottom right of the stamp plate to make flower stamens. the chevrons from the bottom right of the set were used between sentiments to draw your eye across the page. The hearts are just die cuts, stamped with the Dream sentiment and edged for definition and texture. Finally I covered the whole page in Matte Medium, mostly for durability but I love the way you can see the brush marks in it and I love the way it makes the paper feel too (wierd huh!).
Last but not least, another card. Very quick to do but, again, shows the versatility of the images.
I coloured her very simply with Copics but I decided I wanted her to stand out a bit so I actually cut two layers, stuck them together and then coated the whole lot with matte medium to maker her appear like a chipboard piece. I die cut a few heart shapes randomly from a piece of pink card, stamped the sentiment into the apertures and stitched around the edge with my sewing machine for a bit of extra definition and texture.
Thanks for dropping by.
Do check out all the fab new releases at PaperArtsy. They really are worth a look.
Have a great weekend.