Friday 14 November 2014

Black and White Blast....

I LOVE pattern and colour and there's nothing I love more than fussing over a card but when time is tight you can't really beat the simplicity of black and white and some great dies... and that's kind of where my journey started with these cards.

I've already made a very similar card with a reindeer on it but I just love this die so...


I tried it with an oval window, snowflakes and one of my favourite Waltzing Mouse sentiments


...then I tried it with just a single star for a cleaner look...


Then I decided I'd done that one to death (for now...) so

I dug out this lovely die which I bought at Newbury Artstamps wayyy back in the summer. It works so well with the black and white. I think the sentiment stamp is Inkadinkadoo. Whatever it is, I should definitely use it more. It's so pretty.


THEN I found these lovely medallion dies by Spellbinders tucked away in my stash and thought how great they'd look in black and white... (Hmmmm somebody should have brushed down their work before they photographed it. Looks like I left half my anti-static pad on this card. WHY do you NEVER notice these things until after you've uploaded your piccies?)

Guess what! They look pretty fab all gussied up in aqua, white and red too...


Looks like my black and white phase could be over. It's back to glorious colour tomorrow....

Lx

4 comments:

  1. What a feast for the eyes this morning, Lauren. LOVING your black and white phase and hoping it's not over. Splendid makes and, yes, I DO believe you are right that the sentiment is by Inkadinkado

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous collection of cards Lauren, I love the second one - absolutely stunning.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ! I'm blown away by this gloriously stunning array of awesome cards, all so beautiful yet different. I'm a huge fan of black and white (as you know) and I love what you did with bauble and holly outline die cut. I also adore that snow scene/hillside die cut, it looks so different as an oval and a square. Every time I see this die used I want to get it myself, is it a Memory Box ?

    I believe you are correct and that is an Inkadinkado sentiment, I think I also have this one and love it too.

    Those are gorgeous medallion die cuts too, the blue one looks so fresh and icy, and the B&W version looks so chic.

    Well done matey on creating such a spectacular set of cards.

    luv
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.