Friday 14 March 2014

... NOT THE POST I'D INTENDED

... but there I was, having my breakfast and watching Create and Craft this morning when I spied THIS. I thought "I could do that" and off I scurried to my craft room to see if I really could. If you haven't come across them before the beauty of them is that they fold flat to fit into a normal sized envelope. I made mine from scratch but you can buy a kit from Craftwork Cards if you can't be bothered with measuring etc.

I've been wondering what to do for this month's challenge at Penny Black (which is Pearls and Lace by the way) and DESPERATE to play some more with these gorgeous stamps I got from Clearly Besotted, so I thought I'd marry the two...

I used a piece of plain white A4 card for the basic folding box base. Couldn't be easier... honest!




Now, it's not perfect and while I was doing it I was thinking "change this; move that" BUT I think it's okay for a first go. Once you see how something goes together it's easier to think about how you'd use it. I've got a feeling you'll be seeing these all over the place in the coming months. I know I plan to make more...

Meanwhile, we had an appointment at the V.E.T. today. Here they all are pretending they're fast asleep to avoid going...


All went well and it seemed only right that The Crew got new teds. I think it's lurve...


(don't worry about the dirty eye. The Beast had been digging in the compost heap when I took this photo... enough said I think... (just be grateful you can't SMELL her!! Chanel No 5 it ain't...!?)

Lx

8 comments:

  1. Perhaps you would be kind enough to put a tutorial on the clubhouse wall then!! This is fabbylicious - love your choice of images too.

    The clumbersome ones napping didn't fool you then!!

    Tell me ..... was the smell more like CANAL #5 then!!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo this is fabby - a tutorial would be great x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that card is amazing! I have seen that type of thing once before but thought it would be really hard to make (I'm still sure it is very difficult, despite you saying it isn't!) Must have a look for a tute....
    glad the vet trip passed without too much ordeal. hope bert is a little less fragrant today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chanel #19? That stuff is plain awful!
    There's nothing better than a spur of the moment crafty sesh, I have to agree. This is so damn cute, your detail is so precious.
    Hope all went we'll at the vets, how cute do they look all snuggled up?
    Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea Lauren. Glad you and the crew are well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant Lauren, clever you making it from scratch - I wouldn't know were to begin. I love your image and those adorable little welly boots.
    I'm glad the visit to the vets went well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely superb, especially as you have done it from scratch too, i don't know if i would have the patience, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.