Sunday 5 July 2015

PAPERARTSY HOTPICKS LAUNCH - PLATES 1507 and 1508

Heads up people. Leandra is hosting a new range of PaperArtsy Hotpicks over at the PaperArtsy Blog tonight and I was lucky to get to play with two of the sets.



Both sets of stamps have so many great images to use.  I've had my sewing machine out lately and The images just seemed to cry out for a little free motion embroidery. I used some on the tulip for this tag and on the fish for my card. I think they look a bit like mackerel

I used Fresco paints on both items. They work beautifully on fabric.

For the base of each project I used about five colours stamped randomly onto kraft card - squid ink, toffee, chalk, rose and blue oyster



So, first up is my tag, called Astonishing Beauty. I've used lots of elements from both stamps sets. I love the fact you can mix and match them to get the effect you want


and the card I called Plenty More Fish in the Sea. I am now officially addicted to Squid Ink Fresco Paint. It is LUSH!!! I swirled three shades of Fresco paints very loosely through some heavy gel medium to give the graduation on the stenciled brick wall



Zip over to the Paperartsy blog to see ALL the new stamp sets and some really great samples from the Paperartsy gang.  You won't be disappointed.



Enjoy

Lx

7 comments:

  1. They are truly FANTABULOUS Lauren, looks like you had a blast making them too - I WANT squid ink!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Squid ink the greatest colour? I love what you did with these samples, Lauren. The free form embroidery is just perfect for these stamps! Fantastic and inspiring! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stupendous creations Lauren, you're such a lucky girl to get to play with these fabby stamp sets. I just love what you did with them. The stitching is just perfect - I love those little mackerel, so cute. I'm sure I NEED Squid Ink too don't you ? LOL

    Thank you so much for inspiring me with your fabulous creations.

    luv
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous projects Lauren, you created a brilliant background - lovely colours and great texture.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your samples are all stunning Lauren! I feel some pinning coming on! ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eek... did I really not get round to admire these at the time?! Fabulous samples - I love your textures... the brick and that fab skeleton leaf - a great complement to the HP stamps.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.