Sunday 28 August 2016

DELLOW'S DELIGHTS!

The lovely Kim Dellow has recently released another fabulous set of stamps for PaperArtsy and I really do have a soft spot for her gorgeous, slightly retro shapes which are bang on trend. What can I say? They just make me sooooo happy.

I had no real plan for this page but I was desperate to ink up the stamps and have a play so I found myself repeat stamping the flowers up and down the paper to make this very simple one layer journal spread.


This was very easy to pull together so I could lose myself a bit in the repeat pattern (which I find very therapeutic) and the colouring. I stamped the flowers first, then masked them with masking fluid and stamped the word shine over the top. Once the ink was dry I carefully rubbed the masking fluid away and painted the flowers. There's a cute little lion in the set so I've used the lion's mane to make the grass at the bottom of the page. Distress Ink to edge the page and pull your eye into the centre. (I can see from the photo that I haven't blended the edges brilliantly so I will probably go back in with a water spray and just soften them a bit and blur those hard edges).

Have a great Bank Holiday Weekend. We are decorating (which is why my journal is balanced on a dust sheet :oD).

Lx

8 comments:

  1. What a bang up job you did missus ... my eyes were indeed drawn to the centre and NOT to your blending .. you would have got away with it had you not 'fessed up!

    Love that "mane" border too

    Happy Sunday and what a fun use for a dust sheet .. beats decorating!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Bank Holiday decorating...but love the journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your decorating is as good as your pages it'll be fabulous!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this, those stamps are very yummy and very tempting. Ugh decorating, I'm up to my eyes with dust and mess at the moment with a new kitchen being fitted :/
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous glowing colours and I love your vines full of Dellow Delights. Great texty background too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh love everything about this, the flowers, the word shine and the very clever use of the mane! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just spotted this! It's wonderful! You are so clever xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.