Friday 27 May 2016

THAT'S CRAFTY CHALLENGE - BY THE SEA

Morning everybody

This week's challenge is The Sea. My project is rather more IN the sea...or maybe a nearby Rock Pool. I've used some lovely fish stamps by Carabelle and the tall acrylic stack seemed the perfect way to create a little pool of water for my fish to swim in. I've used a combination of alcohol inks, Fresco Paints and Posca Pens for the colouring. The tendrils of the water weeds are from a set by lovely Lin Brown for PaperArtsy...

I hemmed and hawed a bit about whether to put the panel with the fish on top of all the water panels but I wanted them to look like they were IN the water rather than ON the water. In the end I made a very pale panel with some splashes of pale blue alcohol ink so that you can still see the fish. I think it works. I have to say, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Sadly, you lose the dimension and sparkle in the photograph but I hope you will get a sense of how it looks.

It would be great to see you over at the challenge. One lucky winner, picked at random, will win a £20 voucher to spend in the shop. Too good to miss don't you think!

Lx

16 comments:

  1. I think it might have been a mistake to have put the fish on the very top layer, as you say, putting them behind a few transluscent colours makes them more realistic. IMHO your ATC is FAB-u-LOUS matey! I'll be pondering an entry later

    Happy Friday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers ears! My thoughts exactly. Of course the beauty of the acrylic stacks is you can fiddle about the layers before you assemble the final piece. That way you get exactly the look you want. Look forward to seeing your entry. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment didn't actually go near enough towards explaining what an inspired thought the layering the translucent alcohol ink over the top was. Your plan A was fab and would have made a great one dimensional ATC but, with the acrylic layers your plan B lifted it to somewhere more special - gr8 job mate.

    There .. THAT's what I meant to say!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind. Don't worry; I knew what you were driving at and thanks again. Lx

      Delete
  4. Stunning work on acrylic I absolutely love this stack and as if I hadn't bought enough of the new Carabelle stamps I now need these fishes.
    Live
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lauren you really are the Queen of acrylic!! Absolutely stunning piece of art,looks so real
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantasticstack Lauren. Beautiful work of art! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this looks fabulous well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous piece Lauren. Those layers add so much depth......love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work, the joy of acrylic is you could undo the bolts and change it around. However I think it's great as is 😀

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - the layered ink effects are stunning on the acrylic - what a fabulous inspiration project, Lauren. I reckon those fish could easily be found swimming in ponds in the Emperor's garden too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really is stunning Lauren. The stacks give such amazing depth and the fish look almost real swimming in there.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clever and so, so effective, LOVE this!! The layering of paint, alcohol inks and gorgeous images is fabulous!!! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely layering Lauren, so effective, hugs a Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still catching up after my holiday! This is absolutely stunning Lauren! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, and can imagine what it must look like in person with all of that color and dimension. It makes me want to find a pool to splash in. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.