Monday 30 November 2015

A WALK IN THE WOODS

Evening everybody. I've got a tag to share with you this evening with lots of exciting goodies I got from That's Crafty the other day.

I used one of That's Crafty's new MDF tags as I wanted to do lots of heat embossing. It's a nice sturdy surface that doesn't move when you heat it. They've whooshed on up my list of favourite surfaces. Definitely in the Top 3..


I'm slightly obsessed with these gorgeous fern leaf shapes at the moment. I think it must be all those walks in the woods with my pooches... I love the shape of them. They're so delicate. I more or less galloped down to That's Crafty to see what Laura and Graham could find me in the way of fern leaves and, as usual, they came up trumps.

The forest floor was done using a lovely Sheena Douglas stamp, stamping and embossing in golds, greens, bronzes and browns.

The leaves were made by pouring my beloved Fresco Paint in Hey Pesto into a Martha Stewart Mould. Clever huh! They do take a day to dry but it was well worth it. You get a nice flexible piece that moves and drapes like a leaf. I brushed over a little Treasure Gold to bring out the detail.


Just look at that texture. I LOVE IT!


More texture here. First I swiped on some Gel Medium and pressed glass beads into it to create a sort of gravel effect. When it was dry I used a Honeycomb Dinky Stencil by That's Crafty to stencil on some Gel Medium and then rubbed over with Treasure Gold when it was dry. Finally I brushed on some distress stain in brown and then buffed it off with a damp cloth once dry. I'm so pleased with the way it turned out.


I used a fairly plain white organza for the ribbon and stained it with alcohol ink and dylusions spray in shades of green. I just coloured patches as I wanted bits of white to remain like bits of light shining through the trees in the forest.


I found a little piece of textured paper and stamped it with the word "Woods" from an Artistic Outpost set I've been playing with lately. It seemed to fit perfectly.

That's it for this evening. I hope you've enjoyed walking through the woods with me.

Lx

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Lauren, great texture and lovely details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo, what gorgeous pieces of greenery mate, loving the addition of treasure gold and I bet you enjoyed the process (sorry, SMELL) too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, I did enjoy my walk in the woods. Gorgeous tag, from top to bottom. So much texture and interest, had to look at it for some time. WOW, love it.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic piece of art work. Incredible texture and I can see why you are in love with MDF if you can do heat embossing like that on it without any buckling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pleased I have stumbled upon your Blog. Such lovely work and this is no exception. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously? Just paint in a mould? Brilliant! Love not just the leaves but the stunning gilded background, the wonderful beads and that glorious ribbon to top it all off. An amazing tag.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.