Saturday 6 June 2015

A LITTLE MORE EMBOSSING ON GLASS

I enjoyed making my PaperArtsy piece so much that I couldn't resist making a few more items to go on my patio table in the garden. Apologies as I found it quite difficult to photograph them well.


I stamped the butterflies straight on the plain glass candle dish and then embossed them in silver, then I lined the candle pot with Mermaid Fresco Finish Paint and gave it a couple of coats of Outdoor Modpodge to seal it. All it needs is a candle or some LED lights inside, or maybe a pot of flowers.


Same principal for the bottle but I left it clear and I've used JOFY bees and a few punched vinyl flowers with flat backed pearls in the centre



You're wondering where the beehive is aren't you... Well that will be my glow stick anchor when I get around to making it. Hope to show you tomorrow.

Can't wait for the next PaperArtsy topic now... Bring it on I say :oD

Meanwhile, Aunt Maud is expecting a visit from her nephew, Algernon too so it looks like I'm going to be busy.

Lx
 


9 comments:

  1. WOW! You've really rocked this whole embossing on glass - more fabulous projects and what a great form of recycling.

    How's Algernon?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy. Afraid to report that Algernon is currently completely legless. I'm just hoping Aunty Maud doesn't find out. She doesn't approve of strong liquor

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavens! Should I send aspirin?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just so very creative Lauren and I am just so loving all these projects you are coming up wit!! More please!!
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Lauren, they will look fabulous on your patio table you are so very creative.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so enjoy a visit to your blog! Your work is always an inspiration, full of interesting experimentation and great colour and imagination. Your patio is going to look marvellous with these beautiful additions! I loved your PA project too. There's something so magical about transforming glass, isn't there? Thank you for the lovely comments you leave on my blog: they are always so thoughtful and interesting. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic altered glass work - the embossing looks magical, and I particularly love the elegant work on the bottle. Delicious little bees too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.