Wednesday 15 April 2015

STILL PLAYING WITH MY FAB FRESCO PAINTS

from Paperartsy. I love what you can do with them. The texture is great and you can get some really great effects. Check this out. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet but, having tried a few ideas out on tags I wanted to move to a larger surface.

I've used Orchid, Candy Floss, Mermaid and South Pacific to create this. No thinners or relaxers required and no special base. Just pour straight onto your canvas and this is what you can do...


Cool huh! Though not, I hasten to add, a technique for the super tidy and/or super frugal crafter. You do need a fair bit of paint for this and you won't need to mind letting it fall off the canvas (though I let mine drop onto a glass mat and mopped it up with tags and you can get some great effects). Just look at the dimension on those dots. They are literally just where I dropped dots of paint onto the canvas after the first layer was dry and left them to see what would happen.

Now all I have to do is decide what I want to do with it next...

Lx

8 comments:

  1. Ace. Wonder what you will make with the canvas now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the effect here, Lauren! Now I want to see what you do next with it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Lauren, I thought the dots were enamel dots until I read your description - can't wait to see what you do with it next!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow looks great - looking forward to seeing what you do with it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice! look forward to seeing more PA artiness soon...wink! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure gives a fabulous effect Lauren. Looking forward to seeing what you make with this
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Missed this too - that's what being off-line for a week will do to you!!! This is fab too Lauren - whatcha gonna turn it in to?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.